December 5, 2010

Being Vegan is Expensive!

Dear Lovely Bloggers,
So yesterday I wasnt able to write but alot of stuff happened. I was very busy with x-mas decorations & picking up all this mess that was left behind. But here's something interesting. Yesterday I barely told my daddy that I had quit meat and would be going back to my vegeterian lifestyle. At first he was pretty dissapointed because he had bought me "the burrito [I] always love to eat and [he] bought it with love" and that definately got to me. I wanted to cry because I wish my family understood my beliefs and reasons but little by little he began to accept that and then we were chill again. I know my family is looking after my well-being but going vegeterian is a healthy choice and not to mention it's another way of helping animals. That's what I love to do, help those indefenseless animals that suffer every damn day in those cruel farms so that they can be served in our dishes everyday. Anyways, my point being is that soon my whole family will began to accept me and maybe even change their minds about becoming vegans too.

On another note, today I went vegan shopping to Fresh & Easyand bought a lot ot tofu, vegan wenies, vegan cheese, soy sauce to marinate my tofu on, my vanilla soy milk, fake meat, organic butter and vegan chips. It was hella of expensive but it's worth it because I know what I'm getting myself into. :) I just wish they had more stores like this and the products weren't so expensive! I wonder why choosing a healthy lifestyle is so expensive, it should be cheaper! Imagine if one day all of us became vegeterians? Yeah, I'll keep dreaming.
So like I said before, I was doing some x-mas decorations and well I feel like this year we dont really have the holiday spirit, my house doesnt look "alive"! The tree is there but it looks sad, I dont know I'm just saying. Maybe it's because this year there was some many tragedies but still for some reason I feel like this year the love of xmas eve just wont be felt. Just check out the pictures!





No comments:

Post a Comment